Hair Care Tips
Whatever your age or gender, your hair plays a big factor in determining how you look and how you perceive yourself. There are no secrets to beautiful hair but with some easy care and maintenance, you'll feel like a million bucks. Here's some simple hair care tips and tricks to deal with problem hair that won't cooperate even on the best of days, and keep it healthy & shiny.
Care & Styling
- ✔ Avoid excessive blow drying and air dry hair whenever possible. This will help prevent split ends and drying.
- ✔ Eating a well-balanced diet will ensure healthy, shiny hair.
- ✔ Hair is most fragile when it's wet, so blot it dry and don't brush it. Use a wide-toothed comb and gently pull through from the bottom, up. Better yet, finger-comb it for a fluffy style.
- ✔ Use only mousses and hair gels without alcohol to avoid a drying affect.
- ✔ Use shampoo that is PH balanced and designed for your hair type.
- ✔ Switch shampoo brands often to prevent product build-up.
- ✔ Use a clarifying shampoo when you need to remove hair spray and gel build up.
- ✔ Don't use hot water when shampooing or rinsing your hair.
- ✔ For static electricity in the Winter, try running a fabric softener sheet through your hair for better control.
- ✔ Don't believe that theory about brushing your hair 100 strokes every day. That will only cause damage and split ends.
- ✔ Don't wash your hair every day if it's dry because shampoo and heat appliances will make it brittle. Who's going to know?
- ✔ Use a cool setting on your blow dryer. This will take longer, but it will make your hair more shiny and manageable.
- ✔ If your hair is oily and you don't have time for a wash, rub a dab of baby powder through it. This works better for blonde hair.
- ✔ After swimming, wash your hair as soon as possible to remove chlorine residue.
- ✔ Beer or mayonnaise will condition your hair in a pinch.
- ✔ For extra absorption, try conditioning your hair when it's dry. Leave on for several minutes, rinse. Shampoo and condition as usual.
- ✔ Care for your hair as you do your skin. Healthy hair is much more attractive than dull, lifeless hair.